Our focus is on the whole child from the time students enter the school. During that time, staff and parents are able to watch their children grow into responsible citizens who receive a strong academic program from a team of dedicated staff. We are a caring, community-oriented school that serves a largely rural population. The daily interactions between students, staff and parents reflect a high level of respect and genuine affection.
Unique Features of Our School
- Safe, caring environment that focuses on the development of children and adolescents
- Strong emphasis on utilizing technology to enhance learning
- Caring, committed and professional staff
- High level of community/parent involvement
- Effective, goal-oriented School Council and Foundation
- Excellence in academic achievement
- Inclusive settings and programming for students with special needs
- Extensive outdoor play space to enhance health and wellness of students
- Rural K-9 community school
How We Define Success for Our Students
- Academic achievement
- Achieving independence in learning
- Display characteristics of responsible citizenship
- Students participate in a variety of cultural, social and physical activities
What We Are Most Proud of at Our School
- Safe and caring relationships within school.
- Students achieving academic success
- Collaboration and commitment of staff to continuous improvement
- Community/school partnership that works to ensure student success
What Makes Our School "Good" and How We Know
- Academics - High student achievement as measured by the Grade 6 and 9 Provincial Achievement Tests.
- Professional Development - Our staff continuously seeks to enhance its practices to improve student achievement at Graminia School, with a current focus on critical thinking, technology and assessment.
- We focus on Citizenship and Social Responsibility.
- Excellent learning opportunities are provided through differentiated instruction, a variety of complementary courses and integrated special education programs which allows opportunities for success for all students.
- Variety of extracurricular activities - Students from K-9 have opportunities to be involved in extracurricular activities which are provided by both the teaching staff and community programming.
- Community support and involvement - Graminia School celebrates a large percentage of parents volunteering, as demonstrated by the level of parent satisfaction on the annual Parkland School Division Survey.
For more information contact: